Apple has just released the 2nd public beta for macOS Mojave Public Beta, and I have downloaded it and installed it! Here’s the news story.
In order to get started, you need to enroll the Apple Beta Program, then install the thing.
Install it, by downloading the tool that apple suggests.
I enrolled, started the installation, then the install got stuck. (see picture)
What to do if Mojave Installation is stuck ?
If the macOS Mojave installation got stuck you need to reset NVRAM. (2nd time I’m using this option)
How to fix macOS Mojave stuck installation.
- Press and hold the power buton until theMacBook Computer is turned off.
- Press the power button to turn on the MacBook Computer.
- Right after the computer starts make sure you press Option + Command + P + R keys simultaneously.
- Keep the key pressed until you hear the startup sound once again.
- You might need to wait about 20 minutes, for the system to restart.
- The macbook should restart, and take you to the previous installed OS.
Then, try again, from the beginning, the Mojave Install should work very smoothly.
After the install, I’ve noticed that there’s no mouse cursor.
2nd issue. Touchpad is not working (no mouse cursor).
I had to force shout down the computer in order to have access to touchpad.
Then, let’s get to business.
What’s New in macOS Mojave?
Apple decided to focus on Speed, stability and security for the new macOS Mojave release.
- Grouping Apps – Desktop stacks.
With Desktop stacks you can group similar window files under one icon. This new mac OS feature is helpful for grouping multiple files, and use a cleaner desktop.
The icon stacks can be expanded in order to show all the files with the same kind.
2. The Dark mode .
- dock dark mode.
- trash dark mode.
3. Markup support for directly writing on documents, and pictures.
This is an amazing replacement for small photoshop/paint edits.
4. Finder Changes.
- Galley view
- Finder Preferences – > keep folders on top. (for windows, or for finder)
5. New Section for apps that are used, in dock.
6. New accents, and theme switch.
7. Dynamic wallpaper.
This is based on where you are in the world, and how the sun rotate, in your country.
8. Edit keyboard shortcuts.
9. Software update, directly in Settings(System Preferences).
10. Icloud new apps.
11. Accounts -> removed facebook and twitter.
12. Screen recording. (screen capture).
You can record a simple part of the screen, you can record the whole screen, you can do pretty much any combination that you want.
13. Camera capture.
Use your phone to capture and import data.
Take a photo, or import from your phone. This is helpful for scanning and importing apps from your phone directly to your macOS macbook.
quick note: You need to use at least iOS 12 for this feature.
14. Apple News.
15. Facetime supports group calls. up to 32 people.
Note: You need mjoave os or ios12 installed.
- Inteligent tracking prevention.
- Safari will anonimize the tracking.
- strong password suggestion.
- password flagging.
macOS Mojave was first revealed at WWDC18 in 4 of June 2018.
Note: This is a beta software. I would not recommend using it on a main machine, unless you know what you’re doing.
Most likely the final version macOS Mojave will be available for every user to use and download in October 2018.
Noticed issues on the new macOS 10.14 release.
Checkboxes are not being displayed in any browser. This is a bit annoying but it’s not very important.
I did not experienced any app crashes just yet.
Note: This is a personal and honest review for macOS Mojave. Last updated in 11 of July 2018.
If you have any question regarding this, make sure you’re getting in touch with me, here: https://sdet.ro/contact.html